Cheese and wine tasting – From mountains to caves!
Ever wondered why the soaring heights of the mountains or the dark caves in the valleys make such a difference to cheese? This is the chance to find out. Taste these five cheeses each paired with a matching wine.
- Taleggio, named after the caves of Val Taleggio where it’s matured, is an Italian washed-rind cheese with a lovely fruity tang.
- Beaufort, made from milk of cows grazing on the fresh Alpine pastures, is famous for its huge rounds, some weighing a whopping 45kg; firm and smooth with a strong flavour.
- Bleu des causses, a close cousin of Roquefort, is matured in natural limestone caves of Gorges du Tarns; its flavour varies with the seasons.
- Fessli is made from the milk of mountain goats whose grazing habits on the pastures give it lovely aromatic notes; shaped like a little barrel, with a distinctive rind.
- Wookey Hole Cheddar, an official West Country Farmhouse Cheddar, is aged in the caves of its name; full of earthy, nutty flavours.
No experience needed; we’ll take you through tasting each of these delectable cheeses, tell you all about them and the wines we have paired them up with.
IMPORTANT INFO: If you wish to be seated with someone who has purchased their tickets separately, please contact us to let us know, otherwise we cannot guarantee that you will be seated together on the night.
What better way to end this event than getting 15% off your bill (valid for both food and wine) if you stay for dinner afterwards.